Freedom Driver Education
7 Hawdon Street, Dandenong VIC 3175
Most people have the ability to gain the skills necessary to safely and competently drive a motor vehicle, providing they have an instructor who is prepared to walk with them, creating a safe learning environment for them. Making mistakes is part of the learning process. We want to empower our learners to be pro-active in their learning experience.
- Helping people learn and understand road law, and gain a Learner Permit
- Helping learners understand the purpose of the Hazard Perception Test. The HPT is an observation and reaction test, and you click on the mouse button to give your reaction.
- To give the new learner the skills and confidence to brake, accelerate and steer, without having a crash, to be able to safely drive on the road and practice with their parents
- To further developed the skills of the learner driver, such as Lane changing, Intersection approach, Anticipation of hazards, Freeway entry, Night driving, Shopping centre parking and Defensive skills.
- Preparation for drive test, understanding and driving to test criteria. Mirror checking and observation skills are a major test issue
- Auto to manual. Learning the skills of driving a manual car. Selecting the correct gear, holding the clutch at 'friction' and getting their correct 'revs' are vital in driving a manual car.
- Assessing and re-skilling senior drivers
- Medical retests. Senior drivers often come to VicRoads attentiion due to a car crash or a medical report from a doctor or hospital. After many years of being a safe driver the senioris having to face a drive re-asssessment. Road laws and driving skills needed have changed and a few lessons with an exprienced instructor can make the re-assessment time less traumatic
No Stream Items